Hyperlink in Word
A hyperlink can be a way to jump to, for example:
– A place in the document
– A web page
– Another document
This is a recipe for making a link to a place in the same document.
First, create a Bookmark. A hyperlink can be linked to bookmarks.
To create a Bookmark:
– Select text, image (or anything) in the document that you want to link to the Hyperlink
– Go to the Insert menu, click Bookmark (about the middle of the menu)
– Enter a name and click ‘Add’
To create a hyperlink to the bookmark
– Select the text to connect to the bookmark
– From the Insert menu, click Hyperlink
– Under “Connect” there are four options
– Click “Location in Document”
– In the right window you will see the bookmark you created
– Select it and click OK
The text turns blue and is underlined. Holding down Ctrl and clicking the text (hyperlink) will take you to the bookmark.